THE WAY OF SALVATION
DAYS AND TIMES OFFERED
List days and times
This is the third course in Christian doctrine based on the popular book God So Loved the World by Pastor Lyle Lange, this course covers six doctrines related to the way of salvation. See the outline below for details.
- The objectives of this course are to help students
- Take a careful look at the Bible’s teachings of six major doctrines.
- Learn about some of the false teachings that have arisen about these doctrines.
- Learn to appreciate the means by which God saves people.
- Become grounded in the truth of God’s word.
-This course is open to any GBI student. -This course is a REQUIRED course in all three certificate programs. -All students who enroll in this course should have a basic understanding of the Bible. -In order to receive credit for this course, the student must be in attendance for at least 75% of the instruction periods, actively participate in the instruction periods when present, and complete on time and in a satisfactory manner any assignments and/or tests given by the instructor.
- Lessons 1-2 = Faith
- Lessons 3-5 = Conversion
- Lessons 6-8 = Justification
- Lesson 9 = Election
- Lesson 10 = Means of Grace
- Lesson 11 = Law and Gospel
- Lesson 12 = Baptism
- Lesson 13 = Baptism and the Lord’s Supper
- Lesson 14 = The Lord’s Supper
Each student will be supplied with a digital copy of the textbook GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD along with lesson guides for each lesson.
Students will be expected to read an assigned portion of the textbook and answer the questions in the study guide prior to class.
The students will be expected to read their answers during the class period and the instructor will supply additional comment and explanation.
God So Loved the World 14-27